Search the forum,

Discuss starting a career in plumbing from scratch...would love advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonoratner

I am 51 and looking to re-train as a plumber, ideally with some kind of green credentials (solar heating, ground source heat pump installation, rain water harvesting, grey watyer recycling etc).

I have come across New Career Skills and most recently ableskills.co.uk, the latter seem very impressive.

I am also looking to fund it via a Career Development Loan.

Can you please let me know of your experience and any advice you have of getting qualified, the pitfalls to avoid, whether you can recommend a particular training centre (I'm based in NW London), what qualifications I should get and what ones I should avoid or don't need at all etc..? Thank you!

lots of threads on this subject, try having a look through and post any quries

basics NVQ level 2,3 in plumbing but really it will be hands on experience you will need and geting that these days will not be easy......but i wish you all the best

I recon its better to train at a centre near to you and see it before you pay. I’m studying with a taining college near me and I almost went for a college that was far away and I wouldve to pay travel and hotel costs on top of the traning cost, also a mate of mine paid for a course without seeing the centres first and when he turned up the centre was very small and not enough space for them to train, also trainer were not friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to starting a career in plumbing from scratch...would love advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock