Search the forum,

Discuss Start-up Shopping List in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you legally still fit oil boilers without being oftec registered, and only had to be oftec registered to commission.
Only asking because Worcester used to do free oil boiler commissioning when you bought 1

Course you can. Just have to fork out for building control notification. Because we all know how knowledgeable the building control people are when it comes to oil.

Went to one I service, it wouldn't start. Shocked to find when I arrived it had been moved as part of a new extension. It had sooted up as flue was now positioned in a windtunnel and was sucking in poc. Condensate was wrong, oil line was wrong and they were not best happy when I said I wasn't touching it.

why not just fit consumer units gas appliances and unvented hot water cylinders three phase electrical supplies, Why does everyone want to get around the issue of training etc, ITS BECAUSE PEOPLE DIE WHEN THINGS ARE INSTALLED BADLY BY STUPID PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY LIKE ! get over it guys and do things the correct way or do something else !

Check out Worcester Bosch- that is what it costs, including ÂŁ200 worth of Oftec books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Start-up Shopping List in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a flat with a Worcester Bosch CDi 35 Compact (or Classic System maybe?) and the thermostat on the boiler was broken (the thermostat was visibly damaged). I replaced it with a Drayton LP20RF receiver and thermostat. The boiler guy came round once other work was completed to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic Regular Gas Boiler (Gravity Fed System) new boiler and it was installed by a British Gas engineer recently, as I wanted a Gas Safe certificate with this...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec. The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop. I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock