Search the forum,

Discuss Ss plate exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any thoughts on what's the best chem to use. Have been using lately scale kamco breaker HD, works like a dream but very strong, then found out that it should not be used with stainless steel. Kamco said it's too aggressive, but loads of people spoken to use brick acid or drain acid. Scalebreaker fx is what kamco suggest but that's citric acid based and doesn't work as well.......any thoughts?

I've used brick acid in the past, but would always prefer to replace with new plate
In my experience, trying to do things cheaply for customers usually ends up costing you the installer
Not a lot of difference price wise with the time it takes to clean one out, you could have a new one fitted and be on your next job

Are you gas safe if not your not allowed to touch inside the boiler

I've a feeling he is but even so this is as far as this thread goes in open forum. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ss plate exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It had a welded fabricated boiler. I've seen such heat exchangers leak within 7 years from new. No wonder the Potterton heating production manager said...
Replies
Views
H
Hi Guys. Need some Help. Ideal Logic combi 24 CH works but no DHW, the guy told me to use "one shot" which I found to be drain cleaner(91% sulphuric Acid). I have put Sentinel X400 into the heating system and will also use X100. How will I know which is the CH holes and which are the DHW...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
Hello All My Boiler is dropping pressure and the hot taps are running lukewarm. Pressure was never great..3 floors up so only ever just over 1 bar. I called out the Gas Safe engineer who usually services the boiler and he said that the flat plate exchanger would most likely be scaled up...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
B
Waiting for a few quotes to come in for my new boiler, one of which is an Ideal. However, they appear to be the only company who insist that you are not allowed to use a water softener to let ANY soft water go round ANY part of their boilers otherwise you invalidate the warranty (unless it's off...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock