Search the forum,

Discuss spring baffles in secondary heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps,

Pet hate of mine..... but just how do you clean these darned springs in a warm flow HE boiler?

cheers

dave

I detest cleaning them also. Seems to take most of the service time.
Whack them against the inside of a bucket to try and remove most of the sulphur.
You could try removing them when starting to service the boiler and leave them submerged in a large bucket of water to soak.

We used to clean them with hard brushes and liquids to get them clean properly. the concentrate was very aggressive and would remove the sulphur and black stuff easily.

Get a bucket with soapy water soak them in it, clean the rest of the boiler and by that time they wipe clean with a cloth. Also warmflow recommend changing the rubber heat exchanger seal every service.

I agree with the above, put in a bucket of hot water to soak whilst cleaning the rest, then I scrub with a dish brush (not wire!).
I did hear once about putting washing machine tablets in the water but I've found hot water does the job superbly!
Always change the rubber seal 3009 I think is the part number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to spring baffles in secondary heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock