Search the forum,

Discuss Spirotech deaerator, used one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Anybody used one on a system? Found one in the shed, looks unused but no idea how long it's been there. Sounds like the float assembly still operates but not sure whether to risk it on an install, mind you they offer a 20yr guarantee so should be okay.

SpiroVent microbubble deaerators - brass | Spirotech

I want to try one.
Can you fit it at your house?

No don't see the point unless your topping your system up a lot or very dirty

If it removes air it should reduce corrosion?

It should but anymore efficiently than a system with an auto bottle vent or two I don't know.

If it removes air it should reduce corrosion?

Correct but what happens with any air in the rads

It's one of them a good clean system that has no leaks won't need one

I thought they were to remove micro bubbles from water when it is hottest (flow from boiler)
Other air would still collect at the top of rads

As Scott says they remove micro bubbles which are caused by chemicals like x100.
Due to the high flow rates it’s I possible to get rid of the therefore you should install the deaerator which is especially designed to get rid of them.

Shaun, if you want try and go on a course they show you how those things work , they cut them in half to show you live how hose work. It’s an amazing product

Bet they never showed you they leak after time like any auto air vent

Also it just collects the micro bubbles until there's enough to warrent a realise so a piece of copper and auto air vent does the same

Just installed a SpiroCross on a system converted from solar thermal store to 2 x unvented cylinders. It has made it so much quieter and somehow it seems hotter acting as a LLH. Got loads of rubbish out too.

I'm also hoping that it not won't need dosing and that the old Vaillant F75 now ceases to be an ongoing problem as last sensor was full of magnatite.

Would def fit one at home if we were staying.

Bet they never showed you they leak after time like any auto air vent

Also it just collects the micro bubbles until there's enough to warrent a realise so a piece of copper and auto air vent does the same
I have been to Germany on a plumbers show. It’s always oneself a year. We have got a combined filter and deaerator and they showed us how it works. One of my mates has been here on one of the courses and they had show him in similar way how it works.

I never had issues with those spiro ones. In my opinion it should be applied mandatory as a filter.

Just installed a SpiroCross on a system converted from solar thermal store to 2 x unvented cylinders. It has made it so much quieter and somehow it seems hotter acting as a LLH. Got loads of rubbish out too.

I'm also hoping that it not won't need dosing and that the old Vaillant F75 now ceases to be an ongoing problem as last sensor was full of magnatite.

Would def fit one at home if we were staying.
Could I finally get to known what’s the F75 fault on a Vaillant boiler and how to solve the fault?

Hi Matchless. Your wish is my command... ;)

Vaillant F25

Recently I had reason to resolve this issue. I was told it was a very very common problem with Vaillant boilers.

Being a saddo, I decided to find out more because finding out 'why' they failed might lead to a solution and stop people from having to pay out more than they really need to.

So, you get an F75 error when the pressure sensor cannot detect enough pressure in the system once the pump has been initiated. It’s either the sensor not detecting or the pump not pumping. Mostly, it’s the sensor at fault. One can quite obviously hear the pump start.

I decided to dissect the replaced sensor. When I initially looked at it, it looked as if there was some kind of formed (deliberately designed) piece of 'something' in its inlet. Once I’d cut the thing open I discovered that it was, in fact, a hard lump of rusting magnetite.

The sensor when new has a 12-15mm deep, 4mm wide hole down to the spring loaded switch (the sensor). The switch consists of a rubber seal over a plastic push rod (plunger) with a magnet at its end. As the pressure increases, the pressure pushes the plunger against a spring and the magnet, once far enough, activates a magnetically operated switch. The electronics are physically separate from the operating magnet and the system seems very robust from a switch perspective.

So, in a heating system that’s not spotless, magnetite will slowly gather in the top few mm of the opening of the sensor. It will then build until it blocks it. At that point no pressure is detected and hey presto F75.

The channel down to the plunger is approx 12-15mm deep (difficult to measure now I’ve destroyed it!). However, the magnetite lump only forms in the top 3-5mm. To set it back to as new, all you have to do is insert a very thin flat bladed driver and crack away the magnetite and wash it out. Blade should never need to go deeper than 6mm or so.

The investigator in me wonders if its magnet is somehow attracting magnetite to the opening. However. I don’t have sufficiently sophisticated measuring equip to see if the magnetic field is drawing the magnetite in. I’d be very surprised however if it wasn’t a contributory factor…

Patently then, they become blocked because the system is loaded with debris. So when replacing one, ideally one should install a good quality filter and de-aerator which will, over time, catch whats already in and reduce the opportunity for magnetite to further develop.

In time, one can only hope that Vaillant will offer a sensor that does not rely upon magnetism when so many systems are so loaded with metal particles. The inventor in me is going to investigate fitting an alternative which would work out at pennies to change rather than the £20 it’s currently charged at… Watch this space.

Hi Matchless. Your wish is my command... ;)

Vaillant F25

Recently I had reason to resolve this issue. I was told it was a very very common problem with Vaillant boilers.

Being a saddo, I decided to find out more because finding out 'why' they failed might lead to a solution and stop people from having to pay out more than they really need to.

So, you get an F75 error when the pressure sensor cannot detect enough pressure in the system once the pump has been initiated. It’s either the sensor not detecting or the pump not pumping. Mostly, it’s the sensor at fault. One can quite obviously hear the pump start.

I decided to dissect the replaced sensor. When I initially looked at it, it looked as if there was some kind of formed (deliberately designed) piece of 'something' in its inlet. Once I’d cut the thing open I discovered that it was, in fact, a hard lump of rusting magnetite.

The sensor when new has a 12-15mm deep, 4mm wide hole down to the spring loaded switch (the sensor). The switch consists of a rubber seal over a plastic push rod (plunger) with a magnet at its end. As the pressure increases, the pressure pushes the plunger against a spring and the magnet, once far enough, activates a magnetically operated switch. The electronics are physically separate from the operating magnet and the system seems very robust from a switch perspective.

So, in a heating system that’s not spotless, magnetite will slowly gather in the top few mm of the opening of the sensor. It will then build until it blocks it. At that point no pressure is detected and hey presto F75.

The channel down to the plunger is approx 12-15mm deep (difficult to measure now I’ve destroyed it!). However, the magnetite lump only forms in the top 3-5mm. To set it back to as new, all you have to do is insert a very thin flat bladed driver and crack away the magnetite and wash it out. Blade should never need to go deeper than 6mm or so.

The investigator in me wonders if its magnet is somehow attracting magnetite to the opening. However. I don’t have sufficiently sophisticated measuring equip to see if the magnetic field is drawing the magnetite in. I’d be very surprised however if it wasn’t a contributory factor…

Patently then, they become blocked because the system is loaded with debris. So when replacing one, ideally one should install a good quality filter and de-aerator which will, over time, catch whats already in and reduce the opportunity for magnetite to further develop.

In time, one can only hope that Vaillant will offer a sensor that does not rely upon magnetism when so many systems are so loaded with metal particles. The inventor in me is going to investigate fitting an alternative which would work out at pennies to change rather than the £20 it’s currently charged at… Watch this space.

Are you gas safe registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spirotech deaerator, used one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock