Search the forum,

Discuss Special tool for bath taps :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Does anyone know where to purchase one of those very long, flexible tap spanners with the camera attached?
I need one to tighten some bath taps for a customer, and the taps are in the middle of the side of the bath near the wall.
My customer has said that they're sure the last plumber used one of these tools to tighten the taps a couple of years ago :confused:

think your on about an inspection camera and a normal tap spanner and alot of swearing, but normally the bath has to come out if you cant get access to it via stud wall the other side etc

The post was, ahem, slightly tongue in cheek. The potential customer told me he had seen the previous guy use some sort of tool to reach around the back but all I could see was some very carefully placed silicone, which is about right I think. it might keep the tap reasonably tight on the bath for a year if not subjected to too much torsion :)

Tell your potential customer that you don't actually want that potential job and could he get the plumber back with their special tool. :smile:
When bath being installed, brass back nuts, some silicone and some sort of washers/support underneath and tighten up well and I am away knowing it won't give any trouble for years. Unless the chrome came off the taps body though. Lol!

Tell your potential customer that you don't actually want that potential job and could he get the plumber back with their special tool. :smile:
When bath being installed, brass back nuts, some silicone and some sort of washers/support underneath and tighten up well and I am away knowing it won't give any trouble for years. Unless the chrome came off the taps body though. Lol!

or a cheap tap :D but yea brass nuts and top hat washers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Special tool for bath taps :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock