Search the forum,

Discuss Sparky version of the ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone using this core gun ?

Really ? Is it just a cheap copy I thought they might have given them the rights or something

Bought one once. Never again will I buy anything sparky!!! Never.

Replaced it with a dewalt core drill for 200 quid, the sparky used to take 45mins to core a hole, clutch biting all the time, the dewalt goes through In minutes!!! I used to think it was my core set that must be crap but it was the drill!!!!!

Any problems with the clutch on that I've got the macrist 850 cores

Any problems with the clutch on that I've got the macrist 850 cores

I only drill the occasional flue hole, but no the clutch is good, dosent bite too often & when it does it's alright... The sparky would try to rip your arm off with its sudden JOLT

Anyone using this core gun ?

yes, got one, and like anything buying a tool fit for the job makes it easier. I had the smaller sparky, 2 in fact, worked ok and wore out quickly, as too small for the job. the ddm2 copy is fine, only problem is your really need it in a mount or youll end up spinning with it, it is heavy, it does have a high prm and with decent core drill bits it will belt through walls no problem. Just because the smaller ones wear out dont walk away from this beastie, available from big red tool box, make sure your clear on whether you want 240 or 110 as their supplier is a ****, I got a 110 and had to chivvy them for months to give me a free transformer, won in the end :)

marchrist ddm1 is like the small spaky and will **** you off in the end, ddm2 or hilti is the way ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sparky version of the ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock