Search the forum,

Discuss Solor hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddie bush

Basically my solar hot water system is over heating in the summer months, blowing off and losing gycol through the PRVs located on the roof.

It sounds to me that my cylinder is too small for the 4 panels. The answer is of course to replace my cylinder with a larger model but I don't want to incur the costs. Would it be feesible just to remove a couple of rods from the panels. Would this be OK ?

Many thanks

what are the prv's doing on the roof? put them in the loft discharge any glycol into a container and reuse.
How many tubes have you got and what size is the expansion vessel?

Sounds like a Smart Energy setup, I do lots of repairs and upgrades now they have gone "bankrupt"

The last smart energy job I looked was a huge old house they'd installed a 1200 x 450 fortic cylinder, soft soldered joints and most of the pipework was uninsulated.

Love 'em, they have now started a new MCS accreditted company now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I"m sure all their installs will be top notch now because we all now what a guarantee of quality MCS is!

Yes I can confirm it was smart energy. There is 4 panels and small cylinder. They have installed the PRV's on the roof. As far as I know the tubes are not filled with gycol so will removing some tubes take the presure off in the summer ?

Lots of them about Eaton, have a look at the customer pack it usually contains the invoice.

ÂŁ8k - ÂŁ12k shocking

are you the guy that was banned? seems strange first post asking this.

No defo not. I was reading the posts and although he is clearly not a plumber or into solar his question was not offensive. I get asked this type of question every week.
Ecowarm can vouch for my credentials.

afternoon. im a bit stumped by the ban too. not stiring just intregued for future refrence as i dont want to be treading on egg shells.

No defo not. I was reading the posts and although he is clearly not a plumber or into solar his question was not offensive. I get asked this type of question every week.
Ecowarm can vouch for my credentials.
Your credentials are vouched wiggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solor hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock