Search the forum,

Discuss Solid fuel and oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to everyone, this is my first post and I will do my best to explain what system I have installed and what Im looking to change in it. Here is a diagram of my system so far,

DSC_0009.jpg

I am thinking of installing the system link so I can use the oil to boost the solid fuel heating for the central heating. Is this the best way to do it without using a thermal store. The controller that system link supply is rather expensive and I was thinking could I replace it with something else of possibly not use it at all. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Think again.

You are obviously neither qualufied or experienced in this type of work.

Get somebody who is.

Last edited:
Thanks. i'm qualified in several different fields in the industrial and mechanical side of things. Didn't expect to receive this kind of response, an open forum I thought was a place where people could ask questions and get a reply, not somewhere to be put down as incompetent.

Are you hetas qualified or oftec qualified? No.

You are the most dangerous type of diyer. One who can't grasp their own limits.

This type of work is not cheap and can be dangerous when done wrongly. If you can't understand the quality of advice of 'getting a pro' then more fool you.

Engineer of some description?

Get a professional. Endeth the lesson.

As for incompetent, If the hat fits old bean, wear it.

Seriously mate listen to the advice given. We speak with the best intentions and have safety in mind. You are kidding a few key parts in your design which will make it unsafe. Please use a pro

Your obviously the man for the job, but still you couldn't reply with a bit of advice as to use the systemlink or not. You could have advised me to use a qualified person without putting me down. Thanks anyway you have said more than enough.

There are a few mistakes in your diagram.
The problem with giving any detailed advice is you, or someone reading this forum could use that advice (whether it is good or bad) to attempt the work themselves. Linking a solid fuel boiler to any system is potentially dangerous regarding pipework design and pipe installation, excess heat and also the flue and ventilation.
Why do you need the advice, if you are going to get the work properly done? Just let your plumber help you decide.
If you live on mainland UK, I think you have to be Hetas qualified to do any work on solid fuel.
To answer your basic question - It is very possible to have it linked, - you can have the link up done using a thermal store, or a twin coil cylinder, or a neutraliser system, or other methods, but you need an engineer who is experienced with it. My choice would be either a Dunsley neutraliser, or a twin coil cyinder both with careful pipe design, but that is because I am familiar with them and I know they work well.

As has been correctly stated above, you are clearly not of the class of people deemed competent in this kind of work, no matter how qualified you are.

Get someone in who is both HETAS and OFTEC registered.

The reason we come across so blunt is because we've seen many scenarios such as yours where major injuries and fatalities have occurred.

We don't want you becoming another statistic.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solid fuel and oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock