Search the forum,

Discuss Soldered pipe advise!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samantha1

Hi I wonder if someone could please advise me if a soldered join on a radiator pipe is possible to leak after 2 weeks? Thanks :001_icon16:

Yes if installer didn't do it properly and it's a gravity system. Un likely on a pressurised.

How would I know if it's pressurised, sorry my plumbing knowledge is not great! X

It flooded out floor x we have a video of water damage but not the leak... X

I would expect any soldered joints to be water tight for a long while. 2 weeks indicates an incorrectly soldered fitting, unless there has been some sort of mechanical damage.

A properly soldered joint onto a copper pipe will not leak ever - unless it has been very abused - like hit with a hammer. One of the few times I have ever seen properly soldered joints broken was severe freezing in the winter 2010.
What sort of pipe is the soldered joint onto? Is it copper or chromed pipe?

A properly soldered joint onto a copper pipe will not leak ever - unless it has been very abused - like hit with a hammer. One of the few times I have ever seen properly soldered joints broken was severe freezing in the winter 2010.
What sort of pipe is the soldered joint onto? Is it copper or chromed pipe?
It's a copper one x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldered pipe advise!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock