Search the forum,

Discuss solar thermal hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayman

Hello to all just need to ask have you got to be city and guilds in solar thermal to fit it???? All can any plumber install it if he knows about them

I used to fit a lot on previous firm. Not done any since being self employed, never even been asked too!

Not sure if I could anymore, what with all the grants & discounts people would expect, but I can't offer on installing with all this MCS or whatever it is these days..

Probs best just doing manufacturer course and stick to there product. I did the Worcester course, its pretty good.

Make your own solar fill pump too & save a bomb. I made my own.

wondered who nicked my wheelie bin :)

I posted a pic of it years ago... It's no wheelie bin, far more sophisticated! It's a beer type brewing barrel on a DIY trolley, with 3 bar pump below it. I may need to put up another pic.

MCS is a complete waste of money & many poor suckers paid serious money for it.

Ive been installing Thermal Solar for years & I can always undercut any MCS mob's price & still make a killing. This renewables & Green products lark is the biggest money spinner for Plumbers in years.

Only mcs installs will get rhi right?

But the overinflated prices the MCS installers quote & the p.ss poor amount of RHI money makes it daft paying the MCS installers prices.

Plenty people are fitting Chinky panels for next to nothing & saving a fortune in every respect.
Don't listen to the Greenwash Ex-used car salesmen.

Mcs installs are not that high. Trust me I'm mcs and there's not much in solar anymore. Gear is cheap though now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solar thermal hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock