Search the forum,

Discuss solar thermal hot water course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayman

Hello to all I am going to do this course soon and I was just wondering whats the exam like is it open book how many questions that sort of thing what is the best wat to revise for this
Thanks

No its a city and guilds course it last 4 days and its at a college

No its a city and guilds course it last 4 days and its at a college
Good luck, if it is anything like what the apprentices have do sit through it will be fun !!
If you want the full on book get - Solar Heating Design & installation Guide 2007
[DLMURL="http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Professional/Publications/Technical-Literature/"]Technical Literature - CIPHE[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it hard then lol????

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not. The exam took 19 minutes and was open book.

It was a Vailiant course and they gave you the cost of the course back if you passed. Sent four lads on it for basically nothing.

Probably not. The exam took 19 minutes and was open book.

It was a Vailiant course and they gave you the cost of the course back if you passed. Sent four lads on it for basically nothing.
Is this the standard then? If you pass you don't have to pay. Is this in slough or have they movedto staines yet? I Wouldn't mind having a crack at this. I have actually done the Navitron course but this was just listening to a sales pitch. And then you can install panels under their MCS. is the Vailliant one hands on?

It was in sunny slough. Two day course with lunch and a sales pitch thrown in. Not sure if they still give you the voucher for the value of the course back but I'll check when I'm back.

Does this then allow you to install them under vailliant's MCS or do you have to register yourself?

You will be back a few stone heavier after all those Guinness' I bet. Lovely stuff. Which do you prefer, original or extra cold. I like the extra cold

That umbrella scheme is a load of tosh. They can't even get my company on their accredited installer list on the website despite over 12 months of emailing backwards between the UK and German office.

I'm a Murphys man myself but will throw down the Guinness if its not on.

Never had murphys myself. Did not realise it actually had a name. Umbrella scheme. I shall look that one up

Done the BPEC solare hot water, was open book n its pretty much the same as the unvented! Before sitting the Solar thermal the college checked everyone had passed an unvented course... Think it was ÂŁ55 each to do the test.

My mate has & it was hard, full on because they cover everything from un-glazed swimming pool heater through to solar thermal (gravity), direct & indirect systems and all the other design sides.
As I think I said before if it is anything like the solar work & exam that the Level 3's now have to do it is not easy!!

All of the content of the Solar Thermal Design course is covered on the Solar Thermal Installer course.The solar thermal heating course is intended for experienced domestic heating installers or plumbers who wish to up-skill to include solar heating in their offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solar thermal hot water course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock