Search the forum,

Discuss Solar Qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

I know experience is more important that qualifications. However we are testing a really quite new
(wet) solar panel for an outfit that is going to put them into production in New Year.

They will need teams or fitters to carry out the plumbing side in the houses. what qualifications are
about ? and any opinions of these qualifiactions. if you want to learn more about the project and be involved
pm centralheatking please

I cant understand why in order to be able to get gov funding for customers I need to be able to fill in paperwork. After all I spend a long time learning the trade, most if not all solar companies producing the kit will advice directly or indirectly on specification of the projects and if you follow the spec and mfis ,where can you go wrong? As far as college courses go its money for old rope in most cases, ie read the manual answer an open book exam and for £500 hers another pretty ticket.. If you can plumb, have an unvented ticket, know that falling off a roof can possibly hurt you and have adequate insurance why do we have to bother with mcs and green deal red tape after all its only so the big companies get the monopoly of the work and rip off the punters omho :furious3::rant:

As far as college courses go its money for old rope in most cases, ie read the manual answer an open book exam and for £500 hers another pretty ticket..

u might want to add its another 2 days off ur work sitting in a class room and like u said its just common sence..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar Qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are installing solar power irrigation systems for smallholding farmers in Rural Ghana, We have 12V DC 0.18kW (max 20A) pumps, there only power source will be a voltage varying from 15-20V coming from solar panels. The boreholes are narrow, therefore is not much room for a float switch, The...
Replies
Views
B
We are installing solar power irrigation systems for smallholding farmers in Rural Ghana, We have 12V DC 0.18kW (max 20A) pumps, there only power source will be a voltage varying from 15-20V coming from solar panels. The boreholes are narrow, therefore is not much room for a float switch...
Replies
Views
barnaby_david_king
B
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock