Discuss Solar pumping station in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen this a couple of times any idea what causes it.

20170419_092118.jpg

20170419_092104.jpg

I've see few it times too. Its definitely glycol ( never seen it on any other heat transfer fluid) mixture which has leaked. The antifreeze fluids degrade over time therefore it should be changed every 3-5 years. I guess the ratio was 60/40 but not too sure though.

But good question of @townfanjon regarding the HTF

If its a professionaly installed system I am sure it will , but knowing hardwater areas seem to be prone to crud it makes me wonder !! Pressure looks too low anyway so its going to need attention soon.

We see it all the time, def leaking glycol, not necessarily a problem, and pump station could be fine - especially at the cost of replacement.
Not seen one quite that bad though.
Could be a simple case of stripping apart and re-doing the joints with proper joint sealant rather than jet blue / boss white which aren't rated for the temperature that solar systems get to.
Definitely should be drained, flushed and replenished with new glycol, purge and re-pressurised. - Als0 check the PRV and expansion vessel - they are often installed incorrectly - about 75% of system that aren't ours that we go to fix are not installed in accordance with the standards - and none of them have ever been serviced!

We see it all the time, def leaking glycol, not necessarily a problem, and pump station could be fine - especially at the cost of replacement.
Not seen one quite that bad though.
Could be a simple case of stripping apart and re-doing the joints with proper joint sealant rather than jet blue / boss white which aren't rated for the temperature that solar systems get to.
Definitely should be drained, flushed and replenished with new glycol, purge and re-pressurised. - Als0 check the PRV and expansion vessel - they are often installed incorrectly - about 75% of system that aren't ours that we go to fix are not installed in accordance with the standards - and none of them have ever been serviced!
Thanks for that, what jointing compound do you recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar pumping station in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back