Search the forum,

Discuss Solar help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maca

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I am currently updating a bathroom for a customer, she failed to tell me she has solar tank in the loft.

so my situation & question is this,

we are replacing the bath with a walk in shower, once the pipes for the bath were exposed, the hot water branched off via a 'T' , it ran up a boxed in soil pipe & vent to the loft, and upon inspection that's were I saw the pipe hitting a port valve in the solar tank.

I've never worked on solar before so I have no idea what this pipe is for, is it feeding the bath or is the hot water feeding the tank ?

The shower going in is an electric cold feed only, so would I need to connect this solar hot water pipe to the basin hot water pipe instead?

any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks

without any photos i can only suggest but the solar pipes should be in there own sealed system connecting to the bottom of the cylinder, they shouldnt branch off to feed any appliances as the water in the solar can reach over 100 degrees C.

without any photos i can only suggest but the solar pipes should be in there own sealed system connecting to the bottom of the cylinder, they shouldnt branch off to feed any appliances as the water in the solar can reach over 100 degrees C.

Cheers, that's what I thought, its a strange one, but I'm not gonna change/mess with something I don't understand, so ill just reconnect the pipe to the hot water pipe for the basin.

It looks like the solar is not feeding the bath, more the other way round, as it enters the cylinder 3/4 of the way up not at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Everyone, I have customer with solar that doesn't seem to be working so only gets 1/2 a tank of hot water which is heated by the central heating system. She can't find a company to come out and service the wet solar system and she is looking at getting loft conversion in the future will...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock