Search the forum,

Discuss Solar Heating enquiry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I have a job thi week coming that requires the replacement of a UVDHW cylinder (I am G3 registered), but it turns out that its connected to a solar heating panel.
My question is can anyone tell me, definitively, what the fluid in the system is likely to be?
The system is around 8 years old (possibly more but the owner doesn't actually know) and I need to disconnect the system from the cylinder in order to replace it so I'd like to know what I'm going to be dealing with.
BTW - didn't know that it was a solar system until today as I couldn't really get a good look when I visited before and greed to do the job.
My customer has already bought the pre-plumbed, Solar compatible, UVDHWC.

You can't do it mate sorry needs special equipment to fill

As Shaun say , special filling machine required , you could try hire one . If the HTF is 8 years old its ready for changing anyway .

Is there no one on here near you who could help out?

Depends on the system.

Does the cylinder have a separate coil in it for the solar?
If so, it probably contains glycol. Either operating on thermosyphon or by a pump triggered by a sensor

If it doesn't have a separate coil it will be the potable water going through the panels, triggered by sensor / pump

Thanks guys - it looks as though there's a separate coil so I think that I'll have to pass on this one unless I can find someone else to do the solar bit.
I did have someone I've known for a while lined up but he's not answering the phone now.

What's the issue in doing it?

It's not overly difficult in adding a glycol / water solution to the solar system.

Do you guys need a special licence for that?

What's the issue in doing it?

It's not overly difficult in adding a glycol / water solution to the solar system.

Do you guys need a special licence for that?

Yea separate qualification also the system will need a service if it hasn't had one before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar Heating enquiry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock