Search the forum,

Discuss Solar filling pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddyplumb

Gas Engineer
Which electric solar filling pump are you guys using , or which one to avoid
Anyone bought a positive displacement pump and made there own

I've got the intaeco solarfil its good but on some repair/service jobs i've been to with the pump station in the roof the hoses could do with being longer and its not the lightest to lift into roof!

Its on my list to get some longer hoses

We have just made a manual fill pump for topping up glycol in heating systems in holiday homes for about £30, converted something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B002Y5LEXG/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen with a 10-15 reducing olives and an isolating valve

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar filling pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock