Search the forum,

Discuss soil vent/pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin here

Hello,

I recently moved in a bungalow and noticed there is no soil vent/pipe (I guess the waste goes straight to the drain/sewer?). I was told such pipe is usually found if there's a toilet on a floor above ground, which is not the case for me as the loft isn't converted. Is this correct? I want to fit another bathroom on the ground floor and was told by another person I will need a soil/vent pipe. Can you tell if that's right? Thanks

You need to look at the back of the existing toilet and follow where the waste has to go, you will have a soil pipe but it may be very small.

You have a couple of options to install a new bathroom, you can have a saniflo but better if you can run a soil pipe get a couple of pics and post them up give us a better chance.

if it is a bungalow then its not unusual for the toilet to go straignt below ground and into the drain, because the length of run from the toilet to the main drain will be quite short there mignt not be a need for a stack and there will be a vent stack at the head of the main drain run. But if you want to put another bathroom in then it would be good practice to have it done correctly and have a soil stack fitted to the drains.

Hi my property is suffering a terrible stink! I investigation there us no stench pipe..The bathroom is downstairs and the soil pipe leads directly to main drain. .manhole just outside bathroom. What can I do as the pong can be really awful!

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soil vent/pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is straight with a vent terminal on top. Another toilet on the ground floor empties through the suspended timber floor into (what I suspect) a drain. I wish...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock