Search the forum,

Discuss So come on the pro and cons of intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Germany Vaillants carry a ten year warranty?

i called intergas to go on a course and they arranged a rough date but never confermed.

glowworm have a load of people but still takes an hour to get through, perhaps they are that good they don't need a big team, yes I have been on the Manu course and I intend fitting one in my home.
That's what I wanted to hear. I am going to book a course in Jan and I plan to put one in our house.

just condemmed an old ariston combi today, in goes an intergas on Monday, as long as the merchant has one, they sell quickly round here.

Ive fitted 7 in the last two weeks, with another two to fit over the coming days, im 70 years old and know a bit about boilers and I know a good thing when I see one, I wouldn't fit anything else now.

They look like they've been made in a shed, user friendly isn't a word I'd use for it. Off set flue, crappy mackle on pressure vessel, crappy looking condense flexi pipe thing and gold pump instead of grundfoss and access is auckward for everything bar the seimen gas valve, which fails.

They look like they've been made in a shed, user friendly isn't a word I'd use for it. Off set flue, crappy mackle on pressure vessel, crappy looking condense flexi pipe thing and gold pump instead of grundfoss and access is auckward for everything bar the seimen gas valve, which fails.

Hi Leo,

Is this post a rough draft of your eulogy or is the opening paragraph of your auto biography.

It's obvious that you have a soft spot in your plumbing heart for these boilers.

Don't hold back Leo, tell us what you REALLY think! :D

What's a mackle by the way?

im open minded on these at the mo ; easy to get parts? good back up? custs have not heard of them maybe an issue

im open minded on these at the mo ; easy to get parts?

Yes

good back up?

Excellent

custs have not heard of them maybe an issue

I've not found it to be an issue. Explain that they are huge on the continent, that they have no moving parts to break down, especially diverter which is the most common part to fail. Explain about big-bore heat ex which doesn't clog up and they're sold. If they go online to find reviews they come back happy.

Are they easy to commision

Piece of cake. Seriously.

What I love is that you can use the combi as a water heater - just don't pipe up the CH primaries. You can convert combi and system boilers to open vented by just disconnecting the water pressure switch, and the manufacturer approves! Properly versatile boiler.

I've only fitted two, they've bith gone wrong. One gas valve the other hw flow switch. The pressure vessel set up is very poor, its an after thought because they use remote ones in Holland. Or where ever they come from.
The built in Timers a poo electronic one, that a seventy year olds got no chance with. There's no option for a timer like the vaillant 150, which is dummy proof. The whole user friendliness of it is absolute rubbish tbh.
Gold pump instead of grundfoss as well. One less moving part maybe, but the ones that do break.
can you tell I'm not that impressed?

I've only fitted two, they've bith gone wrong. One gas valve the other hw flow switch. The pressure vessel set up is very poor, its an after thought because they use remote ones in Holland. Or where ever they come from.
The built in Timers a poo electronic one, that a seventy year olds got no chance with. There's no option for a timer like the vaillant 150, which is dummy proof. The whole user friendliness of it is absolute rubbish tbh.
Gold pump instead of grundfoss as well. One less moving part maybe, but the ones that do break.

I've fitted dozens and had zero problems.

Yes, the onboard clock is very very basic. So what? Most people go for a programmable room stat. Most 70-year old just want an analogue room stat that they turn up and down to control the boiler.

Yes, the jig with exp vessel is a bit of an afterthought. So fit a robokit and gain the advantage of a seriously slimline boiler.

It's fine not to like a boiler or brand but you're ignoring an awful lot of good points that Intergas have over others on the market, based on a tiny sample.

And no, I'm not on commission. I just really like the simplicity and ruggedness. I LIKE the fact that the tech department is one or two people. I like that I know their names. I like the that I have the UK Tech manager's mobile number, and that he replied to a text asking for info at 8PM on a Sunday night. Try getting that from Worcester or Vaillant!

Having slated them, I still think they're one of the better boilers out there. Just needs honing imho.

Of the several that I have installed now I have had 1 with a faulty gas valve that they replaced with no problem, the next day, and one with a faulty printed circuit board which again they replaced the next day. I have in the past fitted all the most well known makes, Vaillant, Worcester bosch, glow worm who are now part of Vaillant, etc and they often have problems to, A new Vaillant that I couldn't commission with a faulty PCB, a newly installed Worcester Bosch combi with a faulty pump that wasn't running fast enough. All manufacturers will have the odd fault that is always going to happen were electrics and electronics and mechanical devises are concerned, it happens with new cars so why not boilers.

I kind of agree with this.

To be honest, the only thing going for it is the heat exchanger, everything else is average at best. We flush all our jobs so dirt isn't really an issue.

I stopped usng them due to poor support from them and the rep. The boilers are good but I think they need to look at the uk market with a little more effort.

I might look at offering them again soon if they offer the support I need, but it would be hard pushed to beat a vogue on comparison.

Last edited:
I've fitted a few now and apart from one flowswitch problem never had a call back. I've rang their technical a few times and they've always answered quickly and been very helpful. Also on price they are competitive. I do make a point of fitting a robokit though and have never fit one with the backplate/ expansion vessel attached.

I don't like the jig, or the expansion vessel setup. Looks terrible and the controls are horrible. Not for me at the moment.

as others have said, having the technicians own mobile number is a bonus, the office based techie is not looking at a screen, they know the boiler and the current rep in the SW is very proactive. Havent used any other make for 5 plus years unless the customer has bought their own, and then its not my problem if it breaks later down the line :)

These really are Marmite boilers aren't they? Critics and fans equally strong in their views. Which in a way is a very positive thing as at least they aren't just following the trend like every other manufacturer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So come on the pro and cons of intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock