Search the forum,

Discuss Snickers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is it just me who thinks the quality of snickers work trousers have really gone down hill! I've always had snickers since been an apprentice and they lasted years it was a case of I think I'm due a new pair had these long enough, now it's they've ripped again I need a new pair, 2 pair in just over a year I've gone through and there too expensive to be having to shell out twice a year!!

Get the Dunlop ones from Sports Direct. I think they're actually the same pair of trousers as the Duratwill Snickers, but with Dunlop on. Definitely the same material.

Yeh saw those dunlops on sports direct. Look good only 20 odd. Snickers still good but ye get roasted wearing them in d summer. Great for the knees all the same

Is it just me who thinks the quality of snickers work trousers have really gone down hill! I've always had snickers since been an apprentice and they lasted years it was a case of I think I'm due a new pair had these long enough, now it's they've ripped again I need a new pair, 2 pair in just over a year I've gone through and there too expensive to be having to shell out twice a year!!

I use the apache grey ones off fleabay 25-35 usually last and I end up replacing because there covered in silicone

Snickers trousers do rip quite easily,the cotton ones are quite hard wearing .....anyone tried snickers gloves? I got a pair around 25 quid & the fingers tore after around 2/3 days ...shop wouldn't do anything as I had lost the receipt

Think I could do with some new work wear.
Company logo is orange and clothing is black with a helping of orange on the sleeves and collar.
Thing is, I've had enough of people in b&q asking me questions. I'm not very helpful at the best of times but when you've only gone in for a cutting disc and you're getting asked by 3 customers within a minute where stuff is, you start to get abit aggitated especially when you applied for b&q and they turned you down for being a deliquent.
Not that I'm bitter... up yours b&q
Thing is i always thought id be happy with the attention and I would be if there was a bevy of young women wanting advice but....
...anyway back to the workwear - I wear trickies because a. I'm tight b. I don't want 18 pockets/holsters, heavy trousers, knee pads or reflectors. Only problem with them is, I find the snickers I wore years ago a better fit

Think I could do with some new work wear.
Company logo is orange and clothing is black with a helping of orange on the sleeves and collar.
Thing is, I've had enough of people in b&q asking me questions. I'm not very helpful at the best of times but when you've only gone in for a cutting disc and you're getting asked by 3 customers within a minute where stuff is, you start to get abit aggitated especially when you applied for b&q and they turned you down for being a deliquent.
Not that I'm bitter... up yours b&q
Thing is i always thought id be happy with the attention and I would be if there was a bevy of young women wanting advice but....
...anyway back to the workwear - I wear trickies because a. I'm tight b. I don't want 18 pockets/holsters, heavy trousers, knee pads or reflectors. Only problem with them is, I find the snickers I wore years ago a better fit

Ha, nice little read to cheer me up in the morning.

Personally i quite like snickers, they seem light enough and a good fit. You can also move around in them, being an apprentice i have to climb/crawl places whilst the lads have a "break" i don't mind at all as i expected that from day one. That is where the "why have a dog and bark yourself" comes into it. Snickers seem to handle these situations quite well. Simply brush off the dirt.

I did buy a pair of cheap Snickers once which lasted about 3 months they just kept ripping so learned my lesson their and bought genuine from then on.

Ha, nice little read to cheer me up in the morning.

Personally i quite like snickers, they seem light enough and a good fit. You can also move around in them, being an apprentice i have to climb/crawl places whilst the lads have a "break" i don't mind at all as i expected that from day one. That is where the "why have a dog and bark yourself" comes into it. Snickers seem to handle these situations quite well. Simply brush off the dirt.

I did buy a pair of cheap Snickers once which lasted about 3 months they just kept ripping so learned my lesson their and bought genuine from then on.

64 quid a pair they were the ones below carpet fitters snickers which would be good come winter but no good for summer! They've had two strikes the next pair will be 3rd strike and your out rule !

64 quid a pair they were the ones below carpet fitters snickers which would be good come winter but no good for summer! They've had two strikes the next pair will be 3rd strike and your out rule !

I think most i've paid for a pair of Snickers is ÂŁ55, it's the design which pulls me in with them. I have a pair (not Snickers) which i bought off the market which seem just as good and cost me ÂŁ20 and lasted around 3 years so far. Can't remember which make they are though. I only ever buy trousers with the front flap pockets as my pockets are always full.

I suppose its down to the buyers personal preference.

Just bought 2 pair of the Dunlop holster trousers - fit really good, can't go wrong for ÂŁ23

Brought the Dunlop Zipper trousers at ÂŁ19.99 from Sports Direct mainly because I don`t need all the flap pockets on the Holster Trousers at ÂŁ23. Nice trousers but heavy with the Red Back knee pads as well.
Many thanks to the forum member that recommended them & Sports Direct

I picked up some site trousers from screwfix seem good quality I dont really do enough work to say how long they will last. Quite hot to work in in the warmer months though.

I always wear snickers and have since I started. I seem to
have got myself into a position with my trousers where everything has its place and it just wouldn't feel right in another pair of trousers. Even end up getting the snickers shorts in the summer

Every pair I have has the zip breaks

needpics.gif

if you have to lie on your back an use a coat hanger to do your zips up gemma, then send us the pics as croppie suggested.

Only saying as I used to laugh at the Missus doing this years back, mind you the results did look good :)

Trojan ones from Arco are ok, their own make based on Snickers. Never had them rip, don't pay the list price I always ask how cheap can they do them and its about ÂŁ25 a pair incl VAT, I think list is ÂŁ35-ÂŁ40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Snickers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a shower waste today which was supplied with the tray and wouldn't tighten up, just kept slipping threads. I've had a few of these before, they're always the ones in a white box and don't fit on the larger trays with thicker casting around the waste. I spoke to another plumber about it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am the miserable owner of a Keston C36 boiler. It has had EVERYTHING on it replaced. My questions is, what do I replace it with and can it be done without replacing the entire flue. The dual flue is at least 10m long and has a couple of 45 degree turns in it. Am I going to need...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably because of the set-up) but last year got so feeble that a guy suggested fitting a pump alongside the cylinder. This can work fine but then all of a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock