Search the forum,

Discuss Snake Oil Salesmen? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been browsing fleabay and came across this

AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP OIL GAS BOILER REPLACEMENT 11.9KW | eBay UK

Now I'm not an expert on these but to claim 600% efficiency opened my eyes, until I read the outside temp at this COP is 43oC .
I read further and there's some wild sweeping statements in there!
Now I'm of the mindset that you have to carefully size ASHP's or it could (and most probably will) end up in disaster. The way I read their advert, its only a case of connecting in flow, return and electricity and bingo! away you go!..

I foresee many unhappy customers, which IMHO will end up reflecting badly on heat pumps, all because of people like this who don't appear to have a clue about what they are selling.

Any thoughts?

he had plenty of opertunity to use a spell checker too! :speechless:

Looks like wharfe plumbing are setting themselves up as the next big joke in heatpumps a bit like the trianco activair, and what a pile of rubbish they were.

About our Heat pumps: Very Important! Our Heat pumps compete with the best Guranteed!

​Now that is a great statement to put on your advert ......... looks like something that would come from china?

How do they get the idea that R407c is inferior to R410a? They are similar replacement refrigerants to replace R22.. I smell something... and its not nice..
I only pity the 14 people who have already bought them.

To be fair to Roger who has been producing articles in the plumbing magazines that are free in all plumbers merchants for years I suspect that at the time of him making this video which is quite a few years old now believed the bull that was given to him by trianco.

Having said that why this video is still being used I dont know as in my opinion it should be used as a perfect training tool on how not to install a heatpump for example, no buffer tank, aav fitted externaly, no Y strainer, fitted in conjuction with a perfectly economical gas condensing boiler, as Ian has stated a 3 port motorised valve used as a by pass that if you look at the pipework feeds back into the return of the underfloor heating which could lead to the heapump not only short cycling but also depending on the underfloor controls force the underfloor heating circuit to run backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Snake Oil Salesmen? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi all, Thanks for advice in advance. I'm new to this forum and have done a bit of searching around this question before posting. We've just inherited a small 1960's bungalow on the north Cornish coast (lucky us I know!). Anyway, it is in a 1960's time warp and we are going to renovate it and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock