Search the forum,

Discuss Smart thermostats - what are you fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone tried the Drayton Migenie?

I have fitted a couple of Hive and an ATAG 'one' but thats it
Got an Ideal logic to fit in a few weeks and they want a smart stat so doing some research

smart as in internet controlled?

fitted a couple of mi and find them good

smart as in internet controlled?

fitted a couple of mi and find them good

Yeah internet / app controlled
I like the look of the Migenie but dont like the fact you need a controller and thermostat for a combi

Thats the one I have been looking at
It has a seperate programmer and thermostat

If you sign up to the installer scheme you have buy one get one free direct from them

Looks good, the Honeywell Lyric looks pretty decent as well. Its also openthem

looks very good, nice and sleek havent fitted one myself but its honeywell so should be very good

no sorry other than the main brands (honeywell or drayton) the only other one ive fitted is a hive

Never been asked for a smart thermostat and whenever I have broached the subject, none have show any interest and especially when you give them an idea of cost.

Are you an registered installer with Atag ? Where did you install the Atag one controller / to which boiler?

Never been asked for a smart thermostat and whenever I have broached the subject, none have show any interest and especially when you give them an idea of cost.

Same here, I've been approached by a company offering free training on their smart products I just said I'd love to but sorry none of my customers are interested. Reality is there arent any smart thermostats out there that are worth installing over a simple £30 wireless stat.
I think we need a product like Nest thats smart yet dead easy to use but half the price of nest AND not need to have mains cable going in to it.

I have ordered a version 1 Hive from tool station this time (£60).The budget is tight
From my bit of research nest is considered the best but it's most expensive

If you sign up to the manufacturer installer groups there are some good deals available if you want one to try at home
2x Tado for £120
2x Drayton Migenie 1 for £160
A nest for your own home £140

Thats the one I have been looking at
It has a seperate programmer and thermostat

If you sign up to the installer scheme you have buy one get one free direct from them
The reason they are by BOGOF at the minute. Is they are bringing the new one out soon

Just an update
I fitted the Hive V1 - £60 from tool station
Im pretty impressed with it for the money, its easy to fit and use. Its the older style room thermostat but everything is done via the app which is the same as the newer model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smart thermostats - what are you fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock