Search the forum,

Discuss Smart Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current heating system is a system bolier (Ariston) and a separate water tank that is heated by said boiler this has a honeywell control panel to fire up the boiler to heat up the water on a schedule.

I have a four zone Central heating system controlled by individual Salus RT500RF thermostats.
One of the Zones does a wet UFH system for the kitchen and dining rooms as well as the two hallway radiators.

The system is about two years old and works fine as designed and programmed.

I am looking to upgrade it to a smart system for the following reasons:

Due to my work patterns i am in and out at differing times and the problem I have is that with a pre-programmed system the heating is on when nobody is in and sometimes i come home to a freezing cold house and as it is pretty large, can take a fair while to heat up.

I would like the option to turn on and off the heating\hot water remotely via an app or for it to learn my habits and adjust accordingly.

I considered a Tado but was informed by their sales that their system can only support two zones, Is this right? If so, are their any other alternatives out there I should consider?

you said u have 4 zones and does this include hw or is it 4 heating zones and 1 hot water zone ????

I contacted Ariston customer services just last week as was going to fit one of there instantaneous water heaters and I couldn't believe what they told me and that is they have discontinued all there gas products and they only sell electric products now, not sure why just thought I'd share that, I'm not sure how they stand with tech advice on original gas products and compatibility,

I contacted Ariston customer services just last week as was going to fit one of there instantaneous water heaters and I couldn't believe what they told me and that is they have discontinued all there gas products and they only sell electric products now, not sure why just thought I'd share that, I'm not sure how they stand with tech advice on original gas products and compatibility,

they got taken over by someone big ;) will see boilers pop up in a different name you watch :D

pic3.jpgpic4.jpg

See attached pictures for my setup.
For the Heatmiser i believe I would need
4 Neo Air thermostats (3 for the each individual zones and 1 to do one zone and the Hot water.
1 Neo Hub for internet connection
(optional) Neoplug to boost signal if weak
And this is the bit i'm confused about:
I know i need 1 Heatmiser UH8-RF in the utility to replace my three RF receivers as well as my Hot water timer. and control the zone valves
Do i also need one in my kitchen to control the UFH as well as the radiator zone valve in the front of the house or can I get away with a Heatmiser RF switch?

Bump. I am looking to get this work done before Xmas.

Anyone local to Wolverhampton to do this work and are there any new options open to me?

Evohome does all this. Very robust and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smart Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock