Search the forum,

Discuss Small leak on pushfit waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pushfit waste fittings usually leak I'd there not pushed all the way in? Had one with a small leak on it but wasn't pushed all the way home. Pushing it fully in cured the small leak.

Is there a question there mate??

They shouldn't leak if the pipe is pushed past the O ring. I would have pulled the pipe out to check if O ring wasn't damaged or partly pushed out.
Got to make sure the end of pipe is entirely filed to a taper and joint lubricated. Also don't use fittings on odd size pipe as some of the foreign waste pipe and waste fittings are smaller odd side. In this part of UK, push fit waste pipes are used almost entirely.

Thanks we'll the oring is near the start of the fitting so I'd of thought would of still been past this. But pushing in further did stop the leak. May pull apart and have a look at the oring.

It is the push fit waste fittings that greatly differ, although I do see some waste pipe of poorer quality.
I prefer Hepworth waste fittings, as they just seem better made and tighter fit on O ring to pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Small leak on pushfit waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to replace a motorhome tap and have come across these push fittings which don't seem to have any movement to enable uncoupling. Does anyone know if these are uncoupleable and if so, how? TIA.
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock