Small grinder..

Discussion in 'Plumbing Tools' started by turnpin, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Small grinder.. in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. turnpin

turnpin Trusted Plumber

At the beginning of the year my old mini grinder give up the ghost...got a couple of quid for Xmas what are you using...regards Turnpin

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Mine is a Makita , just spot on, herin doors drove over it back in the summer and it still works

• Like Like x 2
  3. tolly

tolly Plumber

sounds painful that...mrs ran over your 4 1/2incher, glad it still works though!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tolly

tolly Plumber

I use Makita 18v aswell only because all my kit is Makita so its easier, if you want a mains one i'd recommend Metabo for grinders

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

bosch if on mains and what ever bat platform your on there all about the same these days

• Like Like x 1
  6. joni os

joni os Plumber

Plus 1 for Makita. Everything from stainless steel cladding to marble tiles, used to have bosch but Makita is better build quality. Use a Hitachi 9" and that also quality tool.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnf

johnf Active Member

Bought a Titan one 5 years ago from Screwfix. All my main battery tools are Makita but for a 4" mains angle grinder it is spot on and a shade over £20.

• Like Like x 1
  8. turnpin

turnpin Trusted Plumber

Just seen this and forgot to update picked up a ryobi from B&Q was £27 but paid £23 near on with. My 10% discount card...all good....regards Turnpin

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Did you also go on a Wednesday could of got a bit more off :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. turnpin

turnpin Trusted Plumber

Yes was a Wednesday so got the ten per cent off with my Discount card...regards Turnpin:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. gmartine

gmartine GSR

The Bosch 10.8v mini grinder is a bit pricey but has been brilliant at cutting pipe in hard to reach places as well as bolt heads. I really didn't want another cordless format but there are some good tools in this range.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Phil

Phil Plumber

Yes! That grinder has been catching my eye and fluttering its eyelids but I've resisted so far...I want it!

What I'll do is I'll ponder it for a few months and then when it goes up in price I'll buy it, Thats what happend with a Makita planer, been at £84 for ages on Axminster and I've thought god thats cheap and as soon as I decide to buy it goes up to £98.00