Search the forum,

Discuss Slow draining toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russell Whiting

I have a problem with my toilet, it's the third time in the past six months this has happened.
when it's flushed the bowl fills much higher than usual and then takes around 10 minutes to drain. Also, it struggles with paper and solids.
Ive tried a plunger and a mop in a bag (YouTube) but nothing is working.
Any advice greatly appreciated

How are other outlets?
Is the basin/shower slow to drain?
If they are you need your drains cleaning out, if not then there's a blockage in the soil pipe between the loo and the drain, will involve removing the toilet and maybe rodding the soil if there's an access point.

All the other outlets are fine, which is why it's a bit of a mystery.
We're having a new bathroom fitted in the next couple months so I guess we'll live with it until then. Thanks

Yes a must , you didnt mention it but please dont use these bloody wipes , they are causing problems

Friend of mine let a room to a young lady and within 2 months he had to call somebody out to clear the drains, her argument was "They say flushable!"

Luckily no wipes going down. I did wonder if, as we're on the top floor of a 16 unit block of flats, that might have something to do with it.

Luckily no wipes going down. I did wonder if, as we're on the top floor of a 16 unit block of flats, that might have something to do with it.

At least being on the top floor means the people below you will know about a fully blocked drain before you do ! lol

Friend of mine let a room to a young lady and within 2 months he had to call somebody out to clear the drains, her argument was "They say flushable!"

Yes they say flushable , Pfftttttt , I was talking with a Yorkshire water inspector before Christmas and they are cursing them

Is the toilet fairly old, - at least 30 years old?
The Syphonic toilets will fill up and drain slowly if the Airex part is faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow draining toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock