Search the forum,

Discuss Slotted pop-up 'click clack' waste won't stay down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Woodward

2016-04-15 17.34.23.jpg

There seems to be a lot online about how unreliable these sprung loaded mechanisms are.

I've one of these and it's refusing to click down. I'm not a plumber but I've got it out in the hope of repairing it. The screw just seems to hold in the moving part and tightening it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's about three years old and wasn't gunged up. Is there anything else I can do apart from buying a new one?

Thanks

new one looks like the ones in city plumbing

Check the rubber seal, I worked on a site who had a bad batch, the rubber seal absorbed water and caused it to expand, often causing the plug to get stuck in the plughole. If it expanded to much maybe causing it not push in all the way.

Thanks for the advice. Tried WD40, but my guess is a spring has gone somehow.

No grit or a bit of muck? I normally just screw it out and chuck a new one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slotted pop-up 'click clack' waste won't stay down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock