Search the forum,

Discuss Slim Tap spanner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bacon sarnie

At the minute I am using a tap spanner with a big bulky head and the frustration it causes me when I can only turn the tap nut not even a quarter of a turn before it gets stuck between the nut and the back of the sink is over whelming! :32:

Can anyone recommend a 'slim' tap spanner that is easier than the other normal bulky ones?

Take the grinder to it and cut it down

I've found a selection of tap spanner is the only way to go
Always end up using a different one every time

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I just had to say, after dilly dallying about for far too long, I eventualy bought some Armeg jaw droppers. They arrived Saturday morning and were first deployed in anger Monday morning.

Why oh why did I wait so long? What a difference. The tap was out very very quickly. To be honest they do say they don't fit 100% of tap nuts and they didn't work Speedfit tap connector with brass nuts but you can't win them all. If you haven't already, get some. I was lucky and got a "new" set of flea bay. I think they were actually used once by the seller but at ÂŁ27.00, I'm not complaining. :)

My favourite tool. Cost me ÂŁ15 at plumb center, I think they are going for almost ÂŁ50 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slim Tap spanner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands from Screwfix. They work fine but are really noisy unless on full flow or trickle, anything in between sounds like Niagara...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
P
quality product wanted, my 1/4 turn kitchen sink tap inserts need replacing and i am looking for ones with a spindle gland nut, rather than a circlip which previous experiance says won't last five minutes. as the circlip either weakens or wears out. none of the ironmongery supermarkets appear...
Replies
Views
Pete Williams
P
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock