Search the forum,

Discuss Skoda octavia Combi for a family car. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bright spark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi ladies and gents. I was thinking of getting one of these as a family run around. A diesel one either 2012 or 2013.
Anyone have any opinions on this motor good r bad. Or any other good estates that are handy on fuel and low on trouble!

Hi ladies and gents. I was thinking of getting one of these as a family run around. A diesel one either 2012 or 2013.
Anyone have any opinions on this motor good r bad. Or any other good estates that are handy on fuel and low on trouble!

You'll get around quite fast. I always move over for an Octavia, most of them are coppers!

My mate has a 2010 octavia. Never had any trouble with it afaik.
I had a passat estate a couple of years ago. It was a good car too.

1 of my friends a taxi driver in Dublin had a 08 1 with 230,000 miles on it before it gave up d ghost.

I had an Octavia 1.9 TDi hatchback before getting the van. Bulletproof, economical, spacious, comfortable and surprisingly quick. There were 3 spec levels at the time and I had the middle one, which had electric everything, basically. 6-CD changer, lots of toys. Nice car, id have another one without hesitation.

VW diesel at the end of the day, should drop in value with all the vw hassle going on, my nipper had one for his Mrs, seemed a good mid sized car.

You'll get around quite fast. I always move over for an Octavia, most of them are coppers!

If you see a dark coloured Skoda Octavia vRS on a Hampshire motorway, then slow down. As Adam says, its probably a copper.

All the private hire Taxi drivers round my way seem to have Octavia's so they must be alright

Being diesel just make sure it has FSH and the book is stamped up by proper garages, anyone can buy an ink stamp and do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Skoda octavia Combi for a family car. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
Hi all I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I’m looking for a new combi and thought I may as well upgrade to smart controls if we have to change it. I’ve pretty much worked out that I need a boiler with decent modulation (10:1 or as near to it would be great). I’d like a stainless heat...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock