Search the forum,

Discuss Siting unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, someone suitable will actually plumb it.

As it's my loft, I've been tasked with siting the tank. Suitable platform has been done.

Now, should be obvious, but thought I'd ask for any tips and advice about safely getting the tank through the loft hatch. I thought of a block and tackle and lots of strong men.

The hatch is almost 700mm sqaure and the tank is about 550mm wide.

Thanks.

p for plenty to push and pull should be fine , few blankets round edges to stop it getting scratched

Lots of mates and big box of beer

Just watch out for the tappings and immersion. Plenty of brute force with a touch of finesse should see it up there pretty quickly.

What provision you making for freezing?

Did mine on my own but I was younger then. Tried the same about 10 years later and had to get a mate to help.

But on the upside, the big box of beer was all mine first time round.

Only takes a couple of people with some common sense and some thin rope. One to go into the loft to pull the rope and steady the cylinder and the other pushing the beast upwards - it's more brain than brawn with many of these building things.

I remember (on my training course) watching a hefty bloke try to undo an immersion heater. Much grunting, groaning and swearing, followed by "I give up!"

60+ year old trainer takes a spanner. Spends a good half minute preparing himself in the right position. 10 seconds later he was moving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Siting unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock