Search the forum,

Discuss Single flow kitchen sink mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If fitting a kitchen sink tap(single flow) were the water mixes in the tap body. If mains cold and gravity fed hot water. Do I need to put single check valves on both the hot and cold supply's to the sink?

just the hot supply, but i would be surprised if you got much hot out of the tap on blend (hot and cold)

best would be change the tape for a separate type (doesnt mix in the body)

just the hot supply, but i would be surprised if you got much hot out of the tap on blend (hot and cold)

best would be change the tape for a separate type (doesnt mix in the body)

Thank you yes IL see about changing the tap. Can imagine the check valve will make the hot water flow poor. Does the cold definitely not need a check valve then?

Thank you yes IL see about changing the tap. Can imagine the check valve will make the hot water flow poor. Does the cold definitely not need a check valve then?

that would be the best solution

and yes it would reduce it by about 1/4

and no as the hot wouldn't flow up the cold as its more pressure

And with a dual flow one check valves aren't needed, as the water doesn't mix in the tap?

Thats is resulting in better flow from the hot but be careful you don't get one that mixes in the spout

What happens if mains water supply is cut off? Wouldn't the hot water flow back into it and contaminate?

Only if the tap is opened can't see why you open the cold side when it was shut off abd run hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single flow kitchen sink mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock