Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Sign Writing on vans in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Jock Spanners

Jock Spanners Plumber GSR

Good afternoon eveyone,

I've never bothered to have my vans sign written - mainly because I know so many tradesmen who've had them broken into. I feel (rightly or wrongly) that it's like painting "Rob Me!" on the side. Possibly I'm being paranoid. Can anyone persuade me it's a good idea?

Jock

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends if you want people phoning you up for work it's free advertising

And tbh any van these days are targeted esp if you have a ford

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Erm , Its swings and roundabouts pal , you look professional turning up in one , it may get you work , but yes little scrotes love bending your doors and nicking your gear .
    Mines signwritten , but on the next swap , I probably wont bother.

4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have never bothered but does look professional i will admit personal choice really kop.

5. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Magnetic signs matey. Put em on in the morning - free advertising, take em off at teatime - smackrats don't know you've a van full of Milwaukee!

6. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Cheaper insurance.

7. quality

quality Plumber GSR

I would not agree that it makes you look professional. the work that you do ensures that

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

The key word there is LOOK, people in general make their mind up about other people within the first two minutes, that is a proven fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BobbityBob

BobbityBob New Member

I find it does create work as the neighbours get nosy when you're working next door to them, my one piece of advice is never put your land line number on it or expect phone calls late Sunday nights! Magnets are good, removable and transferable so if you get a new van you wont have to fork out on new signage.