Search the forum,

Discuss siemens-rev-24rf-connection-to-vaillant-ecotec-837combi. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

henbroon

Hi All,
Can someone please advise me on how to fit a Siemens Rev 24RF wireless Programmer to a Vaillant Ecotec 837 Combi?
The Ecotec has a live, Neutral and Earth terminal connected to the main supply which powers the boiler, the boiler also has terminals 3, 4 and 5
The Wireless Programmer has a sender unit (RCR 10/868) which requires wiring to boiler, it has terminals on one side L1,LX AND L2, on the other Live and Neutral.
Could anyone please advise me on the correct method of connection.

Many thanks, henbroon.

Is this a new install ? if so should be a link wire where recever / room stat wire's into, will tel you in MI.

Hi jtsplumbing,
Have a Vaillant 360rf Programmer fitted at the moment which is giving me a bit of grief, so I decided to fit a Siemans Rev24rf, thought there was nothing more than change the connections over, unfortunately the wiring is entirely different, looks like the sender unit (RCR 10/868) has to pick up power from the boiler main supply with a link, instruction with sender unit not very clear where L1,LX and L2 get connected in the boiler. Hope that this makes some sort of sense.
Thanks for reading my post and the quick reply.

Terminals 3 & 4 on the Vaillant are the ones that the link is removed from in order to connect a room stat.

Reciever of Siemens needs live and neutral, double insulated so no provision for earth. L1 & Lx are connected to boiler connections 3 & 4.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to siemens-rev-24rf-connection-to-vaillant-ecotec-837combi. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 838. The issue i have is after the heating is switched on and then left it to cool over night i see the pressure has gone up. For example yesterday it was set at 1.3 heating was switched on and when it reached its temp it went upto 1.9 so no issues...
Replies
Views
Hi We've got a Vaillant ecotec plus 428 that doesn't seem to want to supply any heat to the radiators despite the hot water working just fine. Of some importance (I think) is that there is no radiator symbol displayed on the boiler screen, only a tap. We have a wireless thermostat (Altech...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm unsure how to wire one of the components which I believe is known as the programmer or controller. There is one that was originally fitted with the...
Replies
Views
Dear forum, I've an open (gravity) CH system supplying radiators only (AGA does the HW separately). It's a Vaillant Ecotec 435 installed 2018. The walls are v thick and prevented wireless thermostat signals so a plumber bypassed the thermostats a year ago. We have TRVs in all rooms apart from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock