Search the forum,

Discuss Sick of vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipefitter

Hi guys,it's been awhile since I've been on here
Just wanted a rant about vaillant,I've decided that I'm no longer recommending them ,now I steer my customers away from them..
In the last couple of years we have fitted lots of these and we still get the fault 'no pressure'.....this has been going on for to long now ,vaillant need to get there finger out of there arses and sort this,we have breakdowns in the first year on these supposedly top end boilers,which just looks terrible to the customers after we have recommended them.
We changed to ideal as boiler of choice now they seem to be great,well built and nice to fit and run quietly .
Even fitted 12 biasi's on a job and although they are ****e to fit i have honestly not had 1 fault with any...and this should be expected
I have lost all faith in vaillant now for reliability
Even had them say that they will take the 10 year warranty off of a boiler as the system was dirty!!it was a 4 rad brand new system with a pro2 fitted and we always flush and add chems..after I complained and wanted proof they reinstated the warranty...but what a cheek
The calls to sort this out cost me over 20quid
Crap company which I will be doing my best to avoid from now on

Happy Easter all [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Great rant! I don't think you're alone to be honest. Not heard great things about vaillant lately and ideal are a great choice.

I went off Vaillant when they changed their website so you could only be listed in the "Find An installer" section if you fitted a certain number per year. Then they started writing to my customers offering annual services.

I don't fit them any more...

Yes a little moan helps now and then .....they make me sick ,charge top money for there inferior product then on top of this they charge the installer as much as they can to book a service call to get the piece of crap repaired..
I have had 3 breakdown in the last fortnight all with the same issue and all are around a year old

I know a few vaillant guys and the odd manager, any service call their first check on any system is a CH water sample. If the values don't match the spec. Warranty is null and void, and tbh the rads could be totally new, fully flushed and treated and the sample after about a month will still not meet their test criteria!!

ive never been a big fan of valiant the older boilers that where top quality parts now there just the same as any other inside all plastic fantastic and cheap cheap cheap IMO not much difference between £600 boiler and a £1200 boiler apart from the name

Vaillant seem to be among the worst of all the manu's, even the cheapies, on finding a way out of the long warranties they offer. They are trading on the German rep with an inferior over rated product.
If you are fitting these ( i rarely ever do now) you really need to know your local rep and if you have any problems with an in warranty call out, phone him and promise a personal visit with violence if its not sorted (it will be).

In Worcesters defense, they charge top dollar but you could be pumping soup and they will fix it as their service guys are told to shut up and fix it

Vaillant seem to be among the worst of all the manu's, even the cheapies, on finding a way out of the long warranties they offer. They are trading on the German rep with an inferior over rated product.
If you are fitting these ( i rarely ever do now) you really need to know your local rep and if you have any problems with an in warranty call out, phone him and promise a personal visit with violence if its not sorted (it will be).

In Worcesters defense, they charge top dollar but you could be pumping soup and they will fix it as their service guys are told to shut up and fix it

+1 and in Worcesters case they will change the same part upto 3 times (eg plate heat exchanger) before they will say no

Everytime i fit a Vaillant a few months later F28 pops up and cust rings on a sunday!!
Any fault that arises in first 2 years is a bit tragic imho.
Thats why i have decided to fit woozie now they honour the warranty and back up is excellent even tho the boilers isn't.

Ideals are decent boiler but i have noticed that the owners do say the pump drones like a b52 bomber

Ideals are decent boiler but i have noticed that the owners do say the pump drones like a b52 bomber

Great selling point to the elderly, anoraks, Sun and Daily Mail readers! Rule Britannia! This boiler will recreate the might of the British Empire and fill your home with the authentic sound of the Bulldog Spirit!!!!

Its good to see Ideal have come up trumps after the early 2000's icos and isar generation

Vaillant service engineers have gone off a cliff as far as i am concerned. They came out to replace a leaking pump after it had been changed and used the PRV to drain the boiler...........boiler wouldn't hold a charge after that so i ended up changing it instead of waiting for the incompetent arse to return to fudge something else. Weapon of choice for me are Ideal as i've not had a problem with them and they are easy to fit. Used to fit Viessmann, but i think they are overpriced with too many plastic bits and rubber hoses.

Ideals or baxis here. But lately baxis a pain with out of true walls. Only done 1 vaillant and never had a prob but didnt like it. Too complex interface for my simple heed

Have had F.75 error about several times now (4 in the last year alone) but my Ecotec plus is coming up to 10 years old now.

Am quite surprised with the Vaillant negative comments, most plumbers suggest my boiler is a pretty good but I as a owner and general customer yeah the amount of issues I have had makes me think its a bad boiler.

Are ideal boilers more reliable ? I may use them for my next brand

I'll stand up for Vaillant, I like to fit them and I like to work on them. They are very good boilers but I agree they have a very complex operating system

Have to say I agree with Riley. I only fit Vaillant (except when a builder buys a Worcester). I haven't experience many problems, in fact 2 in 6 years. Vaillant turned up next day to rectify....

Vaillants are living on a reputation. They are no better (or worse) than your average boiler.
Yes they are easy to sling on the wall and if you fix them there is plenty of room to get in but from a customers perspective , they are no better than average.
They have had a lot of stupid faults probably due to accountants and their service guys WILL look for any excuse to blame the installer.
Board away.........it wasn't flushed properly.
I no longer touch them.

I've always found the back up brilliant. The interface is to complicated though, and there not as good as they used to be.
Recently had Baxii with an unfathomable e168 (new boiler going in) seven year old.

Same with aVaillant left to leak through hoses. Another one with a fubard pcb and diverter, did a good deal on a straight swap.

Fitted three intergas, one went wrong and took several visits to fix. Other had an issue with the hot water flows see. And the user interface is completely unfathomable.

I don't trust Ideal, heard hex issues.

Hate Worcestor with a passion.

So tbh, I don't know what to fit anymore, they all have down sides.

I wish Toyota made one!

I have gone for worcesters now simply because the back up is decent and if i miss anything on install i can walk into a suppliers and its on the shelf.
I do like installing ideals and working on them as its all easy peasey.

I tried intergas and it was a non starter straight away besides the ones i serviced the customers moaned about them .
Stick with the common as muck now

I've fitted vaillants for over 20 years and apart from the hose issue they had a few years ago, I have had no more than a handful of faults.
All boilers are suceptable to non use, and no checking of inhibitor. As I always use inhibitor and always powerflush every boiler change, maybe that's the reason why so little amount of problems.

Or I might be just lucky!

Lucky, I've had a few railed gas valves. But that's Honeywell really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sick of vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being about 2 months ago. The controller is a Vaillant VRT 350f wireless type. Recently a spanner symbol and a “Service Heat Generator” message have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock