Search the forum,

Discuss Showermate issues after swapping old for new in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just wondering if anyone has some advice!

Changed a showermate pump in the week, old one was a 1.4 twin but apparently this isnt made anymore so i swapped with a 1.8 twin.

The issue is now the shower pump kicks in on hot only. As i get further round to cold the pump stops. Ive read the old shower pump needed a minimum of 0.5bar inlet whereas this new 1.8 pump needs a minimum of 0.8bar. Could this be the issue or am i missing something else more obvious? All pipework etc is exisiting, i just changed hoses and pump.

Sods law it went on the hottest week of the year when customer wants a cooler shower as at any other time this issuue wouldnt of been noticed!

Is there aa boosting pump i can put on my cold suppy from the tank to increase that pressure upto 0.8bar.

Should add its a gravity system, tank in loft and cylinder in airing cupboard.

Thanks in advance

The 1.8 requires 0.8 litres per minute flow, not 0.8 bar pressure.

I'd be looking for a restriction in the cold feed, for example if the isolating valve in the flexible input hose is not fully open.

its not the shower is it ? , also have you checked the shower strainers ?

You will see upload a file next to post reply

Click upload a file

Find the picture

Click and upload

Ok thankyou

Screenshot_20170531-104026.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Showermate issues after swapping old for new in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
I want to swap my electric shower to a power shower. I have a 200 litre pressurised hot water tank in the loft (not a combi boiler) the hot side has a pump and decent flow, but the cold side/hot side has not got an equal pressure as the cold is just mains fed and would say the flow is below...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock