Search the forum,

Discuss Shower waste above low point of shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all the water is draining after showering because the top of the waste is above the tray (See attached pic)
Not draining.jpg Tray hole.jpg

its a 90mm trap and the top is 110mm diameter. if the top was around 100mm it would fit below the lowest part of the tray. Any advice appart from lathing down the top of the waste?

If you can't physically change the trap to something better suited then your options are a little limited unfortunately:(

Looks about right, water level being above the outlet.

TBH that's about normal

Was it a cheap tray ?

Unfortunately that is typical of how most of the shower traps and trays meet nowadays.
If you can access the trap and waste pipe underneath the tray, then source a trap that fits better.
Also consider the metal type shower waste, as it might be a different size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower waste above low point of shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just purchased a new low profile 1400 x 900 shower tray but the waste hole is 160mm wide, never seen one that big before but are these available to buy. Think my tray is a cooke & lewis eclipse, see attached image.. Hope someone can advise me on where to purchase a tray waste. Thanks..
Replies
Views
Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal. i was going to just seal a thin...
Replies
Views
I have bought a shower tray and it has an extra large hole for the waste trap. Its a cooke and lewis think its an eclips 1400 x 900 tray. The hole is 160mm and has a lip around it for the cap at 200mm. Cant seem to find one in the correct size, hope someone can help.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock