Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Shower triple valve operation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ClickClack

ClickClack Guest

Hello

I am replacing my bathroom and for the most part, the plumbing is within my capabilities. However, I'm planning to use a thermostatic shower valve embedded in the wall. I've never used one of these, and I'm struggling to find a good diagram of how they work.

I think I want a triple valve with diverter, but when I phoned "victoria plum" to ask before buying they said it doesn't do what I thought it did, but couldn't seem to provide any info about what it actually does.

So, hopefully someone here can help?!

I will use the shower/bath in one of 4 ways:

Bath filler only
    Fixed shower only
    Hand shower only
    Fixed and hand shower together

I imagine (I've never used one) there'd be a handle on the unit which when turned one way will be outlet 1 on full, then turning it will mix with outlet 2 until 2 is on full, then turning further will turn on the diverter. Am I close?

If I'm wrong, how do they work? Are there any diagrams?

Cheers

Cc.

2. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Not entirely sure I follow, maybe it would be better for you to show us a diagram of how you'd like it to work.

3. stoker122

stoker122 Guest

I don't think you can get them to mix properly the diverter will only supply a good flow to one outlet.

4. kozak1968

kozak1968 Plumber GSR

The thermostatic mixer has a hot and cold supply to it then on the two outlets you have a lever valve to control on and off. You can install more levers to control more outlets, just tee off on the outlet of the thermostatic mixer. Contact Aqualisa or Grohe showers and their technical department can advise.

5. Gray0689

Gray0689 Trusted Plumber GSR

The way it will work on diverter is either on bath tap turn other way on shower does not do both together

6. ClickClack

ClickClack Guest

Yes this is the same as I understand for the diverter part. However I am trying to find out more about a COMBINED thermostatic tripled valve and diverter (I would post a link but the forum wont let me!)

A twin valve with diverter works as you've described, however I'm looking for infomation about a triple valve with diverter. Thanks, I will give one of the companies you mentioned a call.

I'll draw a diagram of what I'm looking for as soon as I can get my PC working (posting on my phone).

In the meantime, does anyone know where I can find a diagram of how they work?

Thanks for your help.

Cc.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  7. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Hi Clickclack
    I am trying to do something similar, what kit did you us eventually?