Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump issue helpppppp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi lads,

According to my customer the pump which is installed in airing cupboard about two years ago it comes on when shower is in use,all bathroom taps, and even toilet.

Recently it stopped working only on the toilet. Could it be due to a blocked filter?

Kind Regards

Ron

Sounds like it doesn`t have it`s own cold water feed mate. Depends how the other stuff has been run off the cold.

Sounds like it doesn`t have it`s own cold water feed mate.
I haven't been there yet but I wouldn't connect a toilet on a shower pump.

It's just a bad habit of Some diyer

I haven't been there yet but I wouldn't connect a toilet on a shower pump.

It's just a bad habit of Some diyer
Sorry mate I did an edit after you posted, the shower should have it`s own feed and the other stuff should not be T`d off of it is what I'm thinking.

Sorry mate I did an edit after you posted, the shower should have it`s own feed and the other stuff should not be T`d off of it is what I'm thinking.

She definitely has got a twin pump but wouldn't know why it stopped pumping just one appliance. As mentioned earlier maybe a blocked or partly blocked filter which doesn't trigger the flow switch

Check inside the toilet cistern first then work back. If it was the inlet filter at the pump wouldn`t that stop the pump feeding everything it does?

That's it if we're the pump itself it would stop to pump the whole property therefore I was thinking the filter inside the fill valve if the previous installer left it inside the connection. Or the fill valve is partly faulty ... however, I'll see what it is tomorrow. I just never had that issue and wanted to find out if someone else had it before.

Thanks for your help rpm, much appreciated as usual! Top man !

Reactions: rpm
Update:

It is not just the toilet which doesn't get pumped anymore, it is the whole bathroom just on the cold side.

Hot is fine no issues but as soon as you open just cold it stops pumping. The pumps leaks also all over the place. I'll definitely replace the pump. filter was blocked too ...

Not nice when the customer doesn't make it clear what is going on.
Yes, and the worst is I went our 11 miles one way to see what's going on. I diagnosed the fault and she expected not to pay for this. So now she wants a quote for the whole job.

Feel like working for free sometimes. People don't understand that diagnosis is part of a job and needs to be paid too.

So if she doesn`t take your quote then your fooked for today.
Have to make it plain what your terms are mate.

So if she doesn`t take your quote then your fooked for today.
Have to make it plain what your terms are mate.
Yeah, but hard to charge someone by diagnosing. Most of the time you'll need to order a part and have to come back or even a brand new pump like in my case. They won't pay for diagnostics ...

Yeah, but hard to charge someone by diagnosing. Most of the time you'll need to order a part and have to come back or even a brand new pump like in my case. They won't pay for diagnostics .

That will be X £`s for today`s visit which I will take off the quote to complete the works if you give me the go ahead. (which you don`t do by the way !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump issue helpppppp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock