Search the forum,

Discuss shower pump is very noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
have fitted twin impellor pump next to cylinder in cupboard to come on when shower in bathroom comes on, works fine BUT very noisy
house is a bungalow
ideas please

I found that you can do a number of things to reduce the noise.
1. Concrete Slab under the pump
2. Rubber feet should be supplied with the new pump, so check if they are fitted.
3. Pump must not be rubbing against wood, pipes, walls etc.
4. Pipes must be clipped and not hanging around
5. Make sure the pump is not drawing air from the cylinder's vent pipe!
6. There are special boxes that can be custom build with sound suppressing foam inside of the box, these must be made with 'breathable' air vent openings so the pump does not overheat. Soundproofing a Generator and Noise Control Pump - SuperSoundproofing Co™
Hope this helps

6. Is referring to a different installation.
Do not box or cover over a shower pump in an airing cupboard !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower pump is very noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hot water pump is very noisy. Is it on its way out, does it need replacing, or is it a case of getting used to the noise? Friend of mine bought a house and says a lot of noise when pump is running. See video attached.
Replies
Views
Hi - I am looking for help regarding new shower pump. -its new -it always stays on when the power is on. It should only switch on when water goes to the shower -its noisy Can anyone advise please? Many thanks Iain
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock