Search the forum,

Discuss Shower mixer tap cartridge replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all

I came to replace the cartridge on my bathroom mixer tap, as thehot tap was leaking, and to get the head cover off there is a hole round the back that you slot an allen key into and undo the grub screw. Once i had unscrewed the grub screw i was hoping the cover would slide off and reveal the cartridge to replace but the cover wont come off! I dont know whether there is a special way to get them off or whether it has just seized on. I tried some WD40 but didnt seem to do the trick.

Ive hopefully uploaded a picture of the tap.

Any advice will be a great help.

thanks

WIN_20181016_17_35_34_Pro.jpg

It does come off. However, it will be calcified on so rock it back & forth gently but firmly pulling upwards as you go.

Sadly, this will only be your first hurdle. More is to come as the taps are located where they are - hopefully not ;) #TestOfYourMettle

Reply to Shower mixer tap cartridge replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock