Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Mixer and outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi there need some DIY advice from some of you experts.

I'm just about to fit a new shower mixer and outlet, which will be partly recessed in a brick wall behind Marmox type waterproof cement boards, installed by dot and and dab and wall fixings. The mixer valve has 3/4 BSP, so I purchased some 3/4 BSP to 15mm compression valves from SF. I'm fine with the copper pipework to connect all up, but just not sure about the connection. I've searched various forums and the consensus seems to be loads of PTFE or Loctite thread to seal is all that is required. The reason I ask is would nobody looking at the pictures use any type of washer in between them? There clearly is room for one between the two flat edges? See pictures.

2nd question is about the shower outlet. Same type of question really. I purchased an end feed female 1/2 BSP to solder onto the outlet copper I will run from the mixer valve. I'm also aware I need to place this carefully to sit in the right position in respect to the finished tile level. From looking at the distance (side on) at the fitting fully screwed home in the female BSP, it needs to be about 5mm behind the tile level to sit flush. So the question is does this again seal up just using PTFE / loctite or could I use a rubber washer as there are two flat surfaces that butt up against each other perfectly inside. Will add pics...

Thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Mixer and outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please help me obtain a copy of the user manual for this bath and shower mixer, pictured below. I am particularly concerned about how to re-regulate the bath filler so it fills the bath to the desired level. Many thanks!
Replies
Views
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what model would I replace it with and how would I replace it if I changed the model! I would like to change the type of model to a lever one. I have...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock