Discuss Shower hose leaking at base after replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fergilico

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I just replaced the shower hose due to the old one leaking at the base connection at the wall (shower is built into tiles). I replaced the washers but the leak is worse than ever. It seems like a pressure build up in the shower head is causing the leak but I am not sure as I only got the shower head a year ago and have descaled it.

Do you think it is likely that the shower head is causing a pressure build up and is it worth getting a new one.

Many thanks

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I just replaced the shower hose due to the old one leaking at the base connection at the wall (shower is built into tiles). I replaced the washers but the leak is worse than ever. It seems like a pressure build up in the shower head is causing the leak but I am not sure as I only got the shower head a year ago and have descaled it.

Do you think it is likely that the shower head is causing a pressure build up and is it worth getting a new one.

Many thanks
Doubt it is a question of pressure build up tbh. Was the new washer the same thickness as the old washer, thinking the new washer might be thinner and is not being compressed enough to make a water tight seal.
Washers ?

The washers are the same size. Was wondering if i should use plumbers tape around the threads. I thought if it was pressure could it cause a leak back inside the wall.

The washers are the same size. Was wondering if i should use plumbers tape around the threads. I thought if it was pressure could it cause a leak back inside the wall.
Shouldn`t need any tape anywhere. Suggest you look again at the parts with fresh eyes. Something somewhere isn`t right.

Thanks. I have put an extra washer in at the connection and the leak has stopped. I was worried that I was creating a bigger problem.

Thank you again.

Thanks. I have put an extra washer in at the connection and the leak has stopped. I was worried that I was creating a bigger problem.

Thank you again.
Normally only one washer is needed, aftermarket non original parts can cause problems such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower hose leaking at base after replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back