Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Shower Enclosures Auqalux and Eastbrook in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Koomber

Koomber New Member

Looking to install a shower enclosure in my bathroom later this year. Dimensions shows that the space we can fit in will be able to accommodate up to a 900mm wide shower enclosure with a length of 1100mm.

So I've got 2 options:

1. Go for a 800 x 1000mm shower enclosure. It seems to be a standard size and there are plenty of options. Thinking of going towards Aqualux as they seem to have good reviews and not seen any major horro stories about them.
    Have any of you guys got any opinion on Aqualux showers?

2. The second option is to go for a 800 or 900 x 1100mm. Options here seem much more limited. Basically, the only thing I can easily find is by Eastbrook. It's quite a bit more expensive (but still only like £400) but would give a bigger shower.
    Do any of you guys have any experience of Eastbrook showers? They look pretty good and I've heard reasonably good things about some of their other gear (although the lad earlier on the forum does seem to have a bad experience with some of the brassware).

The reason I'm considering the larger shower is that the shower we've got is a grohe overhead with a fixed shower arm length of 500mm. I don't know why but having it bang in the middle of the quadrant seems odd. Would rather it be a little bit in the box end, or am I just being daft?

Many Thanks

G

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Eastbrook have got a very good name also some nice enclosures

3. Koomber

Koomber New Member

Cheers mate. Enclosures look to be a minefield. From the outside they all look much the same, but it's the bits that you can't see that make the difference. I'm still waiting on word back from Eastbrook on a couple of questions about the enclosures (for one, I can't see any visible difference between the Volente and Vantage).

Really appreciate the feedback.

4. Koomber

Koomber New Member

I've contacted Eastbrook. The shower enclosures are 'Asian' in origin. They said there is no difference between the 2, but it would appear the the Vantage has the wall fixings inside the frame that holds the glass whilst the Volente has the screw on the outside, but comes with a concealing strip.

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Fitted plenty of the volente enclosures easy to fit and of a good quality . not fitted the Aqualux ones . cheers kop

6. Koomber

Koomber New Member

Cheers KoP. The Volente is the one I've got my eye on.

7. Koomber

Koomber New Member

Does anyone have any experience of the Premier Pacific shower enclosures? They do one which is 1000 X 900 which although is very cheap and actually appears to have a company behind them.

8. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Plumbcity do their Instinct range which is made by Kudox i believe fitted several of theses they maybe worth a look if your on a budget . cheers kop

9. Koomber

Koomber New Member

Cheers again KoP. They look very promising. The wife is focusing on the larger width, but they look very good and Kudos are known for quality.