Search the forum,

Discuss Should my boiler ask for heat constantly when on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone sorry to bother on a Sunday, I have a Ariston clas HE 30 Combi just over a year old, been working fine and kind of still is I’m just on to ask a general question basically I got 3 new rads fitted Friday 3 old ones about 20 years old and up one from a single to double with TVRs before when hearing was on it would fire up then hestvwould reduce and then stay at that then the flame indicator would go off for a short period, n then back on fire up a bit then off after a while etc however since getting the new rads this doesn’t happen basically it fires up which is fine max which is 5 little lines then goes to 1 line and has been at that now for over 2 hours I’ve been running it to see if it does it but at no point has the ask for heat went off like it used to is this something to worry about or could it be the radiators because slightly bigger etc need more heat? Would it have over heat by now if that was an issue in that time I’ve run hot water etc for kids bath and when it goes back to heating it does go up a couple of notches then back down to the one n stays there any help/advice would be appreciated just worried it will over heat?

At some point all boilers should modulate ie shut down when the returning water from the heating system reaches the set temperature it is trying to achieve. I don’t know if that’s your problem, if the new system is not reaching the required temp then it will carry on trying to achieve the impossible. A 30 unit would be 100,000 btu or 30 kw and unless you have a mansion then modulation should be easily achieved especially in early autumn Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Should my boiler ask for heat constantly when on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock