Search the forum,

Discuss Short stopcock key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use my external one, shorter one is probably better for small spaces, but stopcock key reaches down side of appliances or through all the clutter!

About a year back I had to isolate one of a group of hotel boilers to change the prv, all ok till I turned the lever valve back on and water water every where. They fail just as badly as gate valves but when they break they leak, unlike a gate valve that just stays shut normally. So off I drove to find a supply of 28mm valves as my only option was to close off some more to replace the leaking one, it took 2 replacement valves to solve the problem, got home around 10 that night, I hate all valves that dont get opened and closed regularly to stop them siezing

Steve, most gate valves around here have a broken gate or you knacker the gate when you turn it off, so IF I need to turn one off I'd prefer to get my hand on it, just to feel if I think it's off or the gate is broken. I hate gate valves & now never fit them, always use lever ball valves.

i find slackening the gland nut on a gate valve prior to turning results in less breakages.

i find slackening the gland nut on a gate valve prior to turning results in less breakages.

I get some one else to break stuff! That way they buy breakfast! Easily access valves never break when you have loads of time.

Agree about ball valves.

Last edited by a moderator:
About a year back I had to isolate one of a group of hotel boilers to change the prv, all ok till I turned the lever valve back on and water water every where. They fail just as badly as gate valves but when they break they leak, unlike a gate valve that just stays shut normally. So off I drove to find a supply of 28mm valves as my only option was to close off some more to replace the leaking one, it took 2 replacement valves to solve the problem, got home around 10 that night, I hate all valves that dont get opened and closed regularly to stop them siezing
Ah yes, I'm sure I can speak for most mate. Been there, bought the tee shirt & the cap!! And you'll not get paid for it or the customer thinks it's your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Short stopcock key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock