Search the forum,

Discuss Shock arrest or in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

Heard lads saying about a shock arrestor the other day. I have never fitted one. are they any good, are they used just to stop the noise made (this is the reason they fiitted one) or do they serve another purpose?

Is is there anywhere in particular they need to be fitted on the system?

thanks

before washing machine, inlet valve etc. not fitted one but presumably they work.

normally if the incoming pressure is high, also lack of clips on hammer in combination with ceramic cartridge taps

Stops a combi kicking in for DHW if there is a check valve/water meter fitted
Its asked for in some MIs

If there is a non return valve fitted to the cold main either at the stopcock or water meter you should fit one especially if you fit a plastic boiler. They are just a mini expansion vessel.
A few combi's (even cheap ones) had them inside 25 years ago. Thats progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shock arrest or in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in mains cold copper pipe. So far, water tank ballcock replaced, kitchen mixer tap replaced, Harvey's serviced the water softener, approx. 5 years old...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've had an on going issue for over a year now and can't seem to get an answer. Hopefully can get some more information from the forum. If I use the cold or hot water taps in my kitchen or bathroom, 10, 20, maybe 30 mins later it sounds as if the pipes have water running through them, as if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock