Search the forum,

Discuss servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
what do you guys do when it comes to oil tank inspection when servicing oil boilers ??

Just clean or replace the oil filter, check any oil sight gauge, replacing the tube if needed, check tank for any water entry places or any cracks, sun damage etc. Check tank bases are suitable.
Look for regulated distances from fences, etc.
Put any faults down in report and tell customer if any serious fault

Last edited:
Cheers that about sums up what I do as well .
Do you always change flexible hoses if no date .And not leaking but you know there been in fir a long time .??

I always change the hose.. and the nozzle of course

Cheers that about sums up what I do as well .
Do you always change flexible hoses if no date .And not leaking but you know there been in fir a long time .??

I replace the Riello oil hoses if 2 year old, or look abused, or if I don't know their age.
I don't want oil leaks after I service a boiler.
The long life should do 5 years no problem, but there were some black "long life" hoses about for a while that split open and they need replaced if you see any.
Some oil hoses seem to last forever, though, like those supplied with inter burners

Basic look around the tank as Best said but they aren't going to move the shed or fence or cut the trees down or whatever, so its a paper exersise.
New hoses every 2 years for regulars, every time for one offs

Just clean or replace the oil filter, check any oil sight gauge, replacing the tube if needed, check tank for any water entry places or any cracks, sun damage etc. Check tank bases are suitable.
Look for regulated distances from fences, etc.
Put any faults down in report and tell customer if any serious fault

Just wondering if you guys don't have a liquid alarm in case the inner wall has a leak ? I'd check for rust too as well as if the tank is still in good shape

Long life oil hoses if they are the rubber type must be checked for degredation of the rubber, this is usually by bending them tightly and checking for cracks. The blue silicone ones seem to last for ever from what I have seen but the black ones dont seem to last any longer than the braided ones.

An obvious one is make sure the tank isolator works, but that should be noticed when checking the filter in the OFV, as it'll leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock