Search the forum,

Discuss servicing a gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I've got a theoretical question about servicing gas fires.
When you take the gas fire out of the chimney (to do the smoke test, etc), do you routinely dismantle the pilot/burner pipes and injector and clean them as well? By blowing compressed air through the dismantled pipes?
The gas engineer I was apprenticed to never did. But I know others do.
It strikes me that if the flame picture is good, and the burner pressures correct, repeatedly opening up the joints every year may not be warranted.
Meanwhile, I always dust down the coals with a soft brush, and also brush down/hoover the recess and the burner tray, etc.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
Thanks in advance,
Jennie

Yes. I'm a relative newbie - I've only been qualified for a year, so have a lot to learn on the finer points of putting it into practise.

Jennie, can you please send an image of your gsr card to [email protected].

You'll get access to the private forum.

When you have your yellow badge up I'll happily move and reopen this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing a gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock