Discuss Service without manufactures instructions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this conversation with GS Inspector. He asked me how i knew the burner pressure of a Baxi Solo. I said id worked on loads of them and he was happy with that answer. He asked me what i would do if there was no MI's (data badge isnt sufficent for a strip service apparently) and i said walk away or get a copy from Parts Center...Happy days.

Them CD's off ebay are really good also

the data badge gives "some" relevant info to assist in carrying out some tasks, but the data badge alone doesnt show you where to do a spillage test on an open flued appliance, some have an additional plate which describes how to do a spillage test, but in general the MI is a MUST unless you have vast experience of working on that actual appliance not some quite like it.

its simple really,all comes down to experience,if you know the appliance great data badge will do,if not you obtain mi,s now me i always ask for mi,s on say a ilfe knowing the coal layout is essential for correct flame picture/ combustion on the other hand if its a Bermuda 552 they are strait forward even med burner pressure is etched in my memory 11 mb,but i have worked on hundreds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service without manufactures instructions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back