Search the forum,

Discuss service engineer, how much ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gjc2009

hi im about to start a gas service engineers course (asc) i am very intrested in it and carnt wait for it to start! but .....when i am qualified what can i earn working just as a servive engineer for a company?? thanks

hi mate yes i did,,i was getiing mad figures,,from 16k a year which kinda put me off up tp british gas claiming ther gse earn upto 50k a year which i find hard to belive ,,so thought id ask people in the know ! i want to do the course anyway as im very intrested init and would love a carrear init ,,ive payed £2000 for the 6 week course

working for a reasonable firm 25-30k is realistic, up north.

shaun

cheers shaun mate ,i can live with that,as im coming away from bathrooms and tiling ,,so lets say i do a few years on the demestic seane,,what would be the natural progression up the carear ladder from ther ?? any ideas ? corgi? full installs? hellp lol

highbrid tech in liverpool,,ive got ni issues with them thay are very good,you also have to do 8 weeks on the job training with a gas reg enineer

and in this ecconomic climate you will find it hard to get a job most companies are asking for 4 to 5 years post training experience

Don't know the situation in Liverpool now, but I worked as a gas Plumber/gas service engineer for many years in Liverpool.

The thing to watch for is not so much the salary, but what you have to do to earn it.

If I paid you the going rate of about £16K, but said you could earn £100K, you would be interested.
But then if you joined, you found that to get £100K you where required to do 25 back boiler and fire services a day at different addresses all over the map. You would probably feel a bit taken in.

The union rate is about £9 an hour, which incidentally your not guaranteed.
The rest of earnings are usually bonus based, so make sure you ask what you have to do to earn it.

thanks for thar bernie,,im going to do the course anyay as im intersed in it,but would be nice to no i could do sothin i enjoy and earn 30k plus aswell ..sounds more and more unlikley

bit gutted as i am realy intrested in it ,an i earn 30k a year now so if i carnt earn that thers no point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to service engineer, how much ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock